- gastric inhibitory polypeptide receptor
- Available assay modes
- Agonist, Inverse agonist, Antagonist, PAM, NAM
- à la carte, Endocrinology/Metabolism, Human non-orphan GPCRs
Glucagon receptor familyThe glucagon family of receptors are activated by the endogenous peptide (27-44 aa) hormones glucagon, glucagon-like peptide 1, glucagon-like peptide 2, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (also known as gastric inhibitory polypeptide), GHRH and secretin. One common precursor (GCG) generates glucagon, glucagon-like peptide 1 and glucagon-like peptide 2 peptides . For a recent review on the current understanding of the structures of GLP-1 and GLP-1R, the molecular basis of their interaction, and the associated signaling events see de Graaf et al., 2016 .
- Irwin DM. Molecular evolution of proglucagon. Regul Pept 2001;98:1-12.
- Graaf Cd, Donnelly D, Wootten D, et al. Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 and Its Class B G Protein-Coupled Receptors: A Long March to Therapeutic Successes. Pharmacol Rev 2016;68:954-1013.
Excerpt from IUPHAR/BPS Guide to Pharmacology
Related ReceptorsFilters Sort resultsReset Apply
Human Human Human Human Human Human Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse Mouse